Making a New Mirror
If you would like to make your own copy of The Nine Planets I am happy
for you to do so
provided that you do not modify it or remove my name from the bottom of each page.
A local copy will work fine on a machine without an Internet connection so long
as you don't try to follow external links.
Here's all you have to do:
- Make a new empty directory; you'll need about 9 megabytes;
- Extract the archive with gunzip and tar;
- Make sure the ownership and permissions are OK for public read-only access;
- Point your WWW browser at your new copy
sure that everything is OK;
- Send some mail to me (email@example.com)
with the URL of your new copy and its physical location
so I can update the mirror list;
also let me know if you would like to receive email
notifications of future updates.
- If you want it to be public then announce it to the world.
... New Mirrors
... Tech Help